Summer Course Module Details
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
|Title||Course 01: Project Management in Building Construction (PMBC) – for Students|
|Level||B. Arch – Third Year, Fourth Year, Final Year and Fresh Graduates wishing to take up PM for Masters.|
|Co-ordinator||Prof. Mahesh Bangad | 09975709665|
|Teaching staff||Prof. Mahesh Bangad | 09975709665 – Prof. Rahul Chutake | 08380080330|
The Course aims to: Understand the role of Project Management, Project Manager, the concept of Risk Management and Value management in the procurement and management of projects. Focus will also be on Project Scheduling, Project Finances and Project Over run.
3. BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE UNITS
1. Introduction to Project Management
2. Introduction to Construction Management
3. The concept of Risk and Uncertainty and sources of risk.
4. Evaluation of Risk Management and the Risk Management Process.
5. Risk Management Tools and Techniques.
6. Risk Management at Project Level.
7. Value Management in the Risk Management Process.
8. Project Scheduling (Larger Module)
4. INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES - GENERAL LEARNING OUTCOMES
|Category of outcome||Participants should/will be able to:|
|Knowledge and understanding:||- Understand the basics of Project Management
- Understand various aspects of Project Management
- Know how Construction Management is different from Project Management
- Understand the concepts of Risk Management and Value Management
- Describe the different risk management tools and techniques used at different stages of projects and sources of risk.
- Describe the project scheduling process as a whole.
|Intellectual skills:||- Understand the importance of risk management at project levels of organisations and the sequencing of risk management.
- Determine the different tools and techniques used at identification, analysis and response stages of risk management.
- Understand the project as an entity along with its scheduling and delivery
|Practical skills:||- Apply project management techniques for both qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Identify the risks associated with different stakeholders to a project over the life cycle of the project and methods for recording and managing risks.
|Transferable skills and personal qualities:||To model and manage a complete project through its life cycle.|
5. LEARNING AND TEACHING PROCESSES
Lectures and tutorials, problem based learning.
E- Books provided and all other reference material on a pen drive.
Hard Copies of hand-outs for each module. Class notes and exercises.